Sunday, March 16, 2008

WWOOF!



I recently joined WWOOF - an international group of volunteers, hosts and organizations promoting sustainable living. Basically, farmers act as hosts for volunteers who go and work on their farms in exchange for food, lodging and education about organic farming. After a couple of years of reading up on beekeeping, I am itching to get some hands-on experience. There are two beekeepers near Tokyo that I am hoping will accept me for a couple of weekends this spring!!!

Once I get my own hives and am able to produce some high-quality wildflower honey, I can start brewing rice-based honey beer just like they did in Henan, China 9,000 years ago. Unfortunately, Chateau Jihau beat me to it.

3 comments:

shantiwallah said...

Oooo, I like the Chateau Jiahu logo, even if they did steal your 9,000 year old idea. And here's a gentle reminder that NZ is the land of WWOOFin'!http://www.wwoof.co.nz/

amecameca said...

yeah, that logo is superb, eh? I'd love for Shinichi to get a 酒 tattoo just above his butt.

I wanna WWOOF in NZ at a Manuca or Tawari beehive!!!!

by the way... our "tv de lcd" friend who congratulated me on my "likeable" blog (and who hugged me) is a Portuguese advertisement - don't click on it.

shantiwallah said...

You can set your comments moderation function so that you have to approve all posts before they are published. But then, since we are the only two who read Shantiwallah and Armadillo's Dream, you might just take comments from anyone. BTW, the Kiwi had set up loads of pillows at the bottom. Don't be so morbid!