Thursday, March 20, 2008

春分の日 Shunbun no hi

Yesterday I spent most of the warm sunny afternoon cleaning the garden and porch. I found a new tree which I replanted and six spider sisters hiding in the pile of leaves under the tatami room window. I gently swept the future mosquito eaters into the monkey grass, watered the ash trees and even hosed down the unbelievably filthy walls. All this spring cleaning just in time for the vernal equinox. Today we share the same amount of light and darkness as our friends down under - kinda nice innit? But from here on out I'm taking more of the light for myself! Mwah ha ha ha ha!

Shouldn't have gloated... today it's cold and rainy.

1 comment:

Arwen said...

Aaaah, Japanese seasons, how I miss thee. I love spring and autumn in winter. The weather has suddenly turned in Melbourne – still warm during the days but mornings are 9 degrees. I'm back to the infernal coat-carrying conundrum – you don't need a coat past 11am but you end up carrying one all day.

Thanks for the mild cheese!

x A