Sunday, October 5, 2008

Typhoon of stupidity hits Japan!


This was so ridiculous I had to get out of my sick bed (which I've been languishing in for 5 days) to post this blog. Forgive me if it rambles, it's the medication typing...

ANYWAY... a new fad diet has taken Japan's consumers (aka "sukkaz") by storm. It's something like if you eat a banana in the morning, then you can snarf down bags of pork rinds or whatever and yet miraculously lose weight. Absolutely dumbass. But wait - it gets even better. Last week I couldn't buy bananas because of the throng of people grabbing the little yellow buggers (I am totally serious!). This evening in the supermarket I was met with completely empty trays and this sign (below) apologizing for the banana famine placing the blame on the crazed banana dieters! Oh - and by the way - there's still a bloody butter and parmesan shortage going on thankyouverymuch!!!
gaaaaaa!!!!

2 comments:

shantiwallah said...

Awesome. I'm glad things haven't changed in Japan. It's kind of comforting. Why no butter and parmesan? I surely can't send you any butter, but I wonder about a packet of parm, hmmmmmm?

jroth777 said...

only one solution...get thee ass down undah!!!