Saturday, May 17, 2008

Chronic indolence

I was told when I took this job that it was a university where poor attendance was endemic. "Not in my classes it ain't!" I smugly thought (and yes, my complacent inner voice often speaks in double negatives). Well, in spite of a strict - yet fair attendance policy (the kids can email me from their cell phones and I won't count it as an absence/tardiness) I have already failed 8 of the lazy-ass mofos yet we're still three weeks from mid-terms! At least my buddy in the photo has a sense of humor. And for his effort, he was granted clemency.

3 comments:

Arwen said...

I just laughed out loud about seven times catching up your latest posts... I hadn't even seen the muffin one! The Gigantor Muffin that you made especially made me laugh, but glad it was tasty.

Methinks it is time to subscribe to your blog. I only figured out you could do this recently (yeah, I know.)

Arwen said...

oh PS it's Arwen, since I'm still posting as 'anon' on Blogger.

jroth777 said...

Just as long as it doesn't say:

"Sorry I'm Bored"