Monday, October 8, 2007


Had to use a google-searched image of autumn because in reality the leaves aren't quite changing yet, but it's cool and rainy here today - and after sweating like a hog all last week in the Tokyo sauna - it feels like fall has finally come to relieve us. Am wearing my cozy flannel shirt and have the windows open to let the end-of-the-year "spider musk" smell into the house. Gonna curl up on the sofa with a huge mug of cinnamon tea and Ray Bradbury's The October Country and listen to U2's "Stranger in a Strange Land". Later, I'll have crunchy green apples and cheddar for a snack and draw up plans for this year's Halloween costume. I love the bittersweet nostalgia that comes from memories of buying new notebooks and pens for school at the TG&Y and my hands getting cold riding my Schwinn to Todd's house over on Lamppost Lane. Now if the friggin' mosquitoes would just leave me alone...

No comments: